SOUTH SALT LAKE, Utah, Oct. 22, 2017 (Gephardt Daily) — A South Salt Lake restaurant has been closed after health department investigators found nearly 40 violations, including mouse droppings on the water heater, the floor, the dish washing machine and plates.
Wa Me House, at 285 E. 2700 South, broke 39 rules, according to an Oct. 17 report from the Salt Lake County Health Department.
“This establishment was closed for presenting an imminent health hazard and the following violations,” the report says.
Other violations included storing raw chicken above ready-to-eat foods, a dirty meat slicer, food kept at unapproved temperatures that could allow bacteria to grow, surfaces covered with grease and grime, food stored on the freezer floor, water from an unapproved source, and the use of fish from non-commercial sources.
The restaurant was also closed for Health Department Violations in 2016 and was able to address problems and reopen. For now, Wa Me House is closed again, and will remained shuttered pending a positive Health Department review.
See the full list below:wame