Ogden’s Ben Lomond Hotel evacuated Sunday while fire crews responded to report of fire, smoke

Photo Courtesy: Gephardt Daily

OGDEN, Utah, March 13, 2017 (Gephardt Daily) — Fire crews responded to a report of a structure fire at the Ben Lomond Hotel, 2510 S. Washington Blvd. on Sunday.

According to a news release from Ogden Fire Department, firefighters were dispatched at 2:20 p.m. When they arrived, they found smoke in the basement and first and second floors of the hotel.

The entire hotel was immediately evacuated, and crews checked each floor for the source of the smoke. Ventilation fans were used to remove the smoke from the affected areas.

The source of the problem was a piece of clothing that had been set on fire in the outer stairway of the Courtyard Inn, adjacent to the Ben Lomond, the release states.

The smoke went into the ventilation shaft connected to the basement of the Ben Lomond and was pushed through the ventilation system to the first and second floors.

The fire was quickly put out, the hotel was cleared of smoke, and guests returned safely to their rooms.

There were no injuries in this incident and no fire damage to the building.

Seventeen firefighters from Ogden and South Ogden responded to the fire with three ladder trucks, one engine, an ambulance, a paramedic rescue and the battalion chief.

STORIES OF INTEREST
Fire destroys storage units in West Valley City

LEAVE A REPLY