Man suffers smoke inhalation in home fire in Salt Lake City

Photo: Gephardt Daily/Patrick Benedict

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, Feb. 14, 2018 (Gephardt Daily) — One person suffered smoke inhalation Wednesday in a residential fire in Salt Lake City.

Crews were called to the incident in the area of 59 S. 800 West at approximately 1:30 p.m., Audra Sorensen, public information officer for Salt Lake City Fire Department told Gephardt Daily.

The caller reported a “kitchen accident,” Sorensen said. “The person that called was the individual involved in the accident. It appears he was cooking something at the time and there was a little malfunction, perhaps with the cookware.”

The man was taken to Intermountain Medical Center and is being treated for smoke inhalation. He does not have burns and is not otherwise injured, Sorensen said.

She said the residence is made up of two units and an external structure. Crews arrived quickly enough that the fire was contained only to one unit.

The person who lives in the other unit was not home at the time and there was no damage to that unit.

The exact extent of damages is not yet known.

Photo: Gephardt Daily/Patrick Benedict

 

 

 

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here