Midvale house fire does $150K in damages; 2 cats die in blaze

A fire burned a Midvale home Tuesday morning. Photo: Unified Fire Authority/Twitter

MIDVALE, Utah, Feb. 20, 2018 (Gephardt Daily) — Firefighters knocked down a blaze Tuesday morning at a residence in Midvale.

Crews were called to the home in the area of 7340 S. Cottonwood Street (300 West) at approximately 7:30 a.m., officials said.

The home was fully engulfed. No residents were injured in the blaze.

“Crews are packing up at the house fire in Midvale,” said a tweet posted at about 9 a.m.. “Substantial damage to the structure has left it uninhabitable. Sadly, two cats did not make it out. One firefighter was transported for assessment of minor injury.”

The Red Cross was called to provide assistance to the three residents.

Damages are estimated at $150,000.



Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here