TAYLORSVILLE, Utah, Nov. 16, 2017 (Gephardt Daily) — Firefighters responded to a two-alarm blaze in Taylorsville Thursday night after a car caught fire and it spread to a carport and then a duplex.
Unified Fire Authority was dispatched to the incident in the area of 2300 W. 4100 South at approximately 7:20 p.m., Unified Fire Authority spokesman Matthew McFarland told Gephardt Daily.
A second alarm was called, but there were no injuries.
McFarland said the blaze was extinguished in about half an hour, but crews remain on the scene mopping up hot spots.
“Six-plus people were displaced by this fire; they all got out safely prior to our arrival. They self-evacuated, so we’re really glad to hear that,” McFarland said.
“It looks like three or four dogs and the same number of cats also made it out. Right now we’re getting the final tally,” he added.
Units from West Jordan, West Valley, and Salt Lake City joined the UFA in fighting the fire.
Reports from the scene indicate a fire hydrant also malfunctioned and there may be flooding in the area.
There’s no word yet on the cause of the fire or the exact extent of the damages.
Gephardt Daily will have more on this developing story as information becomes available.