ALPINE, Utah, April 15, 2016 (Gephardt Daily) — A video has been released of a 60-year-old Alpine woman who was rescued Friday from an early morning house fire.
Firefighters were called just before 5 a.m. to a home at 590 E. 300 North. When they arrived, they found smoke and flames billowing from the main floor.
Fire crews moved quickly to get to the basement windows to pull the resident to safety.
Investigators say the fire appeared to have started in a kitchen area, trapping the woman in her downstairs bedroom.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined. Damage is estimated in the $60,000 range.