SALT LAKE CITY, Utah (Gephardt Daily) — I’m getting big into muffin-tin and mason jar cooking because it’s just weird enough for my kids to dig cooking with me, and they’re containable.
(Editor’s note: if you have boys cooking with you, you know exactly what I mean.)
Here’s a nice little breakfast that took us less than 15 minutes to throw together.
Two-Bite Breakfast: Bacon and Egg Cups
6 slices of bread
6 slices of bacon
1/2 cup of shredded cheese
salt and pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Spray muffin pan with butter non-stick spray.
2. Using a cookie cutter, cut circles out of bread slices about 3 inches in diameter. (I confess I do not have a cookie cutter so I use the lid to my tub of orzo pasta and just cut around the edges ;D)
3. Take bread circles and press them into the muffin pan. Set aside.
4. Heat a large skillet on medium-high. Cook bacon on the skillet until partially cooked but still pliable, about 3 minutes.
5. Shape bacon strips into the toast cups, fill with 1 tablespoon of shredded cheese. Place in the oven for 5 minutes, allowing the bacon to toast just a little more. Remove from oven.
6. Crack your egg and separate out most of the egg white. Drop eggs into the cups, sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Place back in the oven and cook until white begins to set, about another 8 to 10 minutes. The yolk should be creamy.
7. Remove from oven when done and pop out using a spoon. Serve warm.