NICE, France, July 15 (UPI) — “Fifty Shades Darker” producer Dana Brunetti says the film’s cast and crew members are “safe and sound” following Thursday’s truck massacre in Nice.
Scenes from the movie were shot near the city earlier in the day before an alleged terrorist purposely drove a truck into a crowd of Bastille Day revelers, killing 84 and injuring scores more.
“Production has confirmed that everyone working on location in the south of France is OK. Everyone has been accounted for and is safe and sound,” Brunetti said in a Facebook post. “Thanks for everyone’s messages and concerns. Another sad day for France and the world.”
Starring Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan, the film is an adaptation of E.L. James‘ erotic best-seller. James Foley is directing the picture, which is set for release Feb. 10. It is the sequel to 2015’s “Fifty Shades of Grey.”