LOS ANGELES, Aug. 23 (UPI) — Vin Diesel has seemingly taken the high road in his feud with “Fast 8” co-star Dwayne Johnson, choosing instead to praise the actor on social media.
“The reason we brought Dwayne Johnson into ‘Fast Five’ was because of you!” Diesel said while answering fan questions during a Facebook Live video broadcast Friday.
“There was a girl named Jan Kelly who said, ‘I would love to see you work together on screen.’ So the role that was originally written for Tommy Lee Jones, we gave it to Dwayne and he shined in it,” he continued.
The shout out is a nicer message than the one Diesel promised followers previously when he said he would reveal “everything” regarding his on-set spat with Johnson.
The drama all started earlier in August when Johnson took to Instagram to slam an unnamed ‘Fast 8′ male co-star whom he deemed unprofessional. “My female co-stars are always amazing and I love ’em. My male co-stars however are a different story. Some conduct themselves as stand up men and true professionals, while others don’t,” the former WWE Superstar wrote at the time.
The following day reports surfaced that Diesel was the co-star Johnson was referring to. The pair also reportedly met on the film’s set to hash out their differences.
Johnson would then post an update on Instagram proclaiming that “conflict can be a good thing,” however, on Friday, the 44-year-old posted an announcement that he wrapped up production on “Fast 8” and thanked various members of the cast and crew, but noticeably left Diesel off of the list.
On Monday, Diesel and Johnson’s co-star Jason Statham commented on the feud while discussing his latest film, “Mechanic: Resurrection” with E! News stating, “I’m good with them.”
“We’re good pals, and if [Johnson’s] got any problem with me, then he’d probably tell me to my face. So I’m good with them,” he continued.
“Fast 8,” which also stars Helen Mirren, Michelle Rodriguez, Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, Kurt Russell, Charlize Theron and Scott Eastwood, races to theaters April 14, 2017.