1 injured in Provo residential fire; house left ‘uninhabitable’

Crews responded to a fire in Provo on Wednesday, June 20, 2018. Photo: Provo Fire & Rescue

PROVO, Utah, June 20, 2018 (Gephardt Daily) — Fire Marshals are investigating after a blaze Wednesday evening at 2819 Arapaho Lane, in Provo.

The fire was put out just before 6 p.m., according to information from the Provo Fire Department. Most of the residents were away on vacation, and the one man injured reportedly suffered burns on his arms while trying to fight the fire. That man is being evaluated by medical personnel.

According to information from Provo Fire & Rescue, the fire may have started with a barbecue stored on the back deck.

No estimate of damage has been released, but the Provo Fire & Rescue Facebook post says the house is uninhabitable.

Gephardt Daily will have additional information as it becomes available. The investigation continues.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here