TAYLORSVILLE, Utah, July 18, 2020 (Gephardt Daily) — More than 15 family members and their friends were forced to evacuate a Taylorsville home after a fire broke out early Saturday morning.
Firefighters were called to the home at 3382 Royalwood Drive just after 1 a.m.
When first crews arrived they found light smoke coming from the eaves.
After completing a “walk-around” inspection it was determined the fire was burning in the basement.
Firefighters told Gephardt Daily two juveniles were taken to the hospital for a check-up after suffering smoke inhalation. Their injuries were considered minor.
The Red Cross was called in to help residents and their friends find temporary housing.
The cause of the fire has yet to be determined.