4 taken to hospital after Brigham City house fire

File photo: Gephardt Daily

BRIGHAM CITY, Utah, March 11, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — Four people were taken to the hospital after a Brigham City home fire early Monday morning.

Brigham City Fire Department said in a news release that crews responded just after 2:35 a.m. to a structure fire in the area of 342 S. 200 East.

Smoke and fire were coming from the interior of the home when firefighters arrived, the news release said.

Crews extinguished the blaze in about 20 minutes.

The news release said five people were home at the time of the fire, and four of them were taken to Brigham City Community Hospital. Three juveniles were treated for smoke inhalation, and an adult male was treated for burns and smoke inhalation, the news release said.

There were no injuries to firefighters, officials said.

The fire caused an estimated $25,000 in damages.

“Property owners, and renters, are encouraged to check and maintain smoke detectors,” the news release concluded. “It is also recommended to keep all exits properly working, and unblocked. The fire is currently under investigation.”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here