Blaze in Utah County prompts safety reminder from Fire Marshal

A fierce blaze broke out in a chicken coop and greenhouse Monday morning, Oct. 12, 2020, in Utah County. Photo: Utah County Deputy Drussel/Facebook

UTAH COUNTY, Utah, Oct. 12, 2020 (Gephardt Daily) — A fierce blaze broke out in a chicken coop and greenhouse Monday morning in Utah County, and the Utah County Fire Marshal is now reminding everyone about the importance of having the right kind of wiring.

A public service announcement on Facebook and Twitter says:

“Extension cords are not intended for permanent wiring. Several extension cords strung end to end create a significant increase in electrical heating and fire risk.

“Hire an electrician and have permanent wiring installed to electrical code. It costs more, but not if there‚Äôs a fire!!”

Tips for using extension cords safely can be found on the Electrical Safety Foundation International (ESFI) by clicking here.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here