Blocked hydrant delays fire crews in Bountiful

Photo: South Davis Metro Fire/Facebook

BOUNTIFUL, Utah, Jan. 12, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — South Davis Metro Fire crews responded to a house fire Saturday morning, and they are now reminding everyone that it’s important to keep fire hydrants cleared of snow.

The cause of the fire was a cooking accident inside the garage, SDMF posted on Facebook, but crews had to deal with the snow-covered hydrant first.

Other Stories of Interest:  Bountiful officer saves geese from I-15 peril

“Firefighters were delayed in obtaining access to the fire hydrant due to it being covered in snow. Please dig out your hydrants,” the post says.

 

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here