SOLDIER HOLLOW, Utah, Aug. 18, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — A boil order put in place for the Soldier Hollow Complex Wednesday after a construction accident has been lifted, officials said.
The construction accident Tuesday resulted in a break in the distribution system pipes, the post added, but the contamination was not detected until Wednesday afternoon.
A Facebook post from the Utah Department of Environmental Quality said: “Tuesday a construction accident caused a break in drinking water transmission lines at Soldier Hollow. This resulted in E. coli contamination. The water district and Wasatch County Health Department issued a boil order for the facilities at Soldier Hollow and informed the affected residents.”
The boil order was lifted Saturday after test results showed that the bacteria are no longer present in the system.
The Soldier Hollow Complex includes Soldier Hollow Golf Course, Soldier Hollow Grill and the Soldier Hollow Olympic Venue.
“For a 24-hour period, visitors to Soldier Hollow were at risk for potential exposure to infection,” the post said. “If you visited Soldier Hollow Complex between 3:30 p.m. on Aug. 13 and 6 p.m. Aug. 14 please monitor your health,” the post said. “Symptoms include diarrhea, cramps, nausea, headaches or other symptoms. If you are experiencing any of these symptoms and they persist, seek medical advice.”
For more information about E. coli, click here.