WEST JORDAN, Utah, Sept. 22, 2020 (Gephardt Daily) — Copper Hills High School in West Jordan was closed for cleaning Tuesday after more than 15 COVID-19 cases were identified.
A letter to parents on the school’s website says:
The Salt Lake County Health Department has identified more than 15 active cases of COVID-19 within Copper Hills High School.
After investigating the circumstances, the Jordan School District Board of Education has determined that it is necessary for Copper Hills High School to close on Tuesday, Sept. 22 for deep cleaning and thorough disinfecting of the building.
- Virtual parent-teacher conferences will move forward as previously scheduled on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
- All classrooms, offices and common indoor/outdoor spaces will be closed on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
- Students and parents will not be allowed in the building on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
- Faculty and staff will be allowed in the building, if needed, to quickly gather instructional materials and leave on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
- All classes, in person and online, are canceled on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
- All school activities are canceled on Tuesday, Sept. 22.
Again, closing the school on Tuesday will allow custodians to continue their work thoroughly disinfecting the building.
More information regarding any further potential changes to the Copper Hills High School schedule will be forthcoming.
Thank you for your support, patience and understanding, the Copper Hills High School Administration.
For updates see the Copper Hills High School website here.