Dog dies of smoke inhalation in Bountiful house fire

Photo: Gephardt Daily

BOUNTIFUL, Utah, Oct. 14, 2018 (Gephardt Daily) — A dog died of apartment smoke inhalation, and three people were displaced in a Bountiful house fire Sunday afternoon.

South Davis Metro Fire initially tweeted at 4:30 p.m. that 500 West was closed while crews battled the blaze at 2423 S. 500 West.

Officials said a resident of the home put clothing near the stove, then accidentally turned the stove on. The clothing ignited and the fire spread throughout the kitchen.

Crews were able to extinguish the blaze in a few minutes.

Three residents are being assisted by the Utah Red Cross and one dog died from apparent smoke inhalation, officials said.

Officials tweeted 500 West was reopened at 5 p.m.

Gephardt Daily will have more on this developing story as information is made available.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here