SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, June 2, 2021 (Gephardt Daily) — The Downtown Farmers Market opens at Pioneer Park this Saturday.
“We are excited to be looking a little more ‘normal’ this season as we welcome back some of our art and craft vendors as well as our prepared food fairway,” said a Facebook post.
The market in the park at 350 W. 300 South is open from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. through Oct. 23.
“Downtown Farmers Market is proud to enter its 30th year as Salt Lake City’s most beloved summer tradition for residents and visitors,” the post said. “The Downtown Farmers Market exists to strengthen and support small local farms and businesses as they bring their products directly to the public. Our farmers and producers offer the freshest local fruits and vegetables as well as a wide variety of grass-fed meats, eggs, dairy, honey, and flora, along with the region’s best locally made sauces, spreads, baked goods and culinary accoutrements.”
The following COVID-19 protocols will be in effect:
- Do not attend the market if you are feeling unwell
- Know before you go — make a shopping list and have a plan
- Maintain 6 feet of social distance from those not in your household
- Wear a mask or face covering if desired
- Wash or sanitize hands often
- No pets, with the exception of service animals that are trained to respond to a specific medical condition
- Reusable bags are allowed
- SNAP Exchange and Double Up Food Bucks will be available
For more on the market information click here.