Garland House Fire Started By 6-Year-Old Playing With Lighter

Garland 1
The Garland Fire Department and the Garland Police Department responded to a residential fire at about 4 a.m. Monday. Photo: Garland Police Department Facebook

GARLAND, Utah, April 26, 2016 (Gephardt Daily) — Investigators have announced that a Monday morning fire at a Garland residence was caused by a 6-year-old boy playing with a lighter.

Garland Fire Department crews responded at 4:30 a.m. to a fire that started in a basement laundry room of a house on the 100 South block of Main Street.

The mother was able to get her nine children safely out of their residence. She was hospitalized for observation due to smoke inhalation.

The home has extensive smoke damage and needs some structural repairs before the family can live there, officials said.

The Garland Fire Department and the Garland Police Department responded to a residential fire at about 4 a.m. Monday. Photo: Garland Police Department
The Garland Fire Department and the Garland Police Department responded to a residential fire at about 4:30 a.m. Monday. Photo: Garland Police Department

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here