Fire at Taylorsville residence causes $75K in damages

A Taylorsville fire on Thursday caused an estimated $75,000 in damages. Residents were not hurt. Photo: Gephardt Daily/SLCScanner

TAYLORSVILLE, Utah, April 27, 2017 (Gephardt Daily) — A single-family Taylorsville residence suffered an estimated $75,000 in damages from a fire Wednesday afternoon.

The fire was burning in a front bedroom of a house at 1779 Stardust Drive, said Matthew McFarland, Unified Fire Authority spokesman.

“Upon arrival, crews found smoke and flames showing in the second story of the building, and they looked to be isolated to one room,” McFarland told Gephardt Daily.

“Within seven minutes of the call being received by dispatch, they were getting water on it, initially from the front yard. After they made entry, and within 12 minutes of the call being received, they had the fire out.”

No one was hurt, McFarland said.

“Residents self-evacuated and were able to call 911. There were no injuries, although they were assessed by medical crews.”

There was some smoke and structural damage extending beyond the bedroom, he said. The cause of the fire was not immediately known.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here