KAYSVILLE, Utah, May 27, 2020 (Gephardt Daily) — A Kaysville man has been booked into the Davis County Jail on 23 felony and three misdemeanor charges alleging child abuse.
Jesse Paul Murff, 39, faces the following charges based on specific incidents alleged to have happened in Utah, Cache and Davis counties between 2004 and 2012:
- Three counts of rape, a first-degree felony
- Five counts of aggravated sexual abuse of a minor, a first-degree felony
- Six counts of forcible sodomy, a first-degree felony
- Four counts of object rape, a first-degree felony
- Four counts of forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony
- Dealing in materials harmful to a minor, a third-degree felony
- Two counts of lewdness involving a child, a class A misdemeanor
- Lewdness involving a child, a class B misdemeanor
Murff held a position of trust over the alleged victim, who says she was between the ages of 10 and 18 when the ongoing abuse occurred.
A probable cause statement filed by an officer of the Davis County Sheriff’s Office indicates the victim said Murff performed sexual acts on her and demanded acts from her.
“Murff threatened victim that he would slit her mother and brother’s throats with a knife in front of her, and then slit victim’s throat, if she told anyone,” the probable cause statement says.
Murff was booked into jail on May 22, and is being held without bail.