LEHI, Utah, March 26, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — A young boy was rushed to the hospital Tuesday night after he accidentally became tangled in a jump rope and was nearly strangled.
Capt. Shad Hatfield, of the Lehi Fire Department, said the accident happened at about 6:30 p.m., when the elementary school-age boy was playing on playground equipment at his home, near 1700 West and 400 South.
“The jump rope became lodged on the slide and he became entangled in the rope,” Hatfield said.
Hatfield had no information as to whether the boy was alone or with other children at the time.
The boy’s parents were on scene when emergency crews arrived, and the boy was flown by Life Flight to Primary Children’s Hospital in critical, but stable condition.
Gephardt Daily will update this developing story as more information becomes available.