OGDEN, Utah, May 23, 2017 (Gephardt Daily) — A 23-year-old man was booked into jail Monday after a five-car crash in Ogden that sent multiple people to the hospital.
Christopher Daniel Wood, arrested after the crash at Wall Avenue and 20th Street, was charged with:
- One count of failure to remain at an accident involving serious injury, a third-degree felony
- One count of driving under the influence with serious bodily injury, a third-degree felony
- One count of assault by a prisoner, a third-degree felony
- One count of interference with an arresting officer, a Class B misdemeanor
- And one one count of failure to obey a traffic control device, an infraction
Officers responded to the scene at about 5:30 p.m. Monday, and three people were taken to a hospital with injuries ranging from serious to critical, according to information from the Ogden Police Department.
The crash remains under investigation, an OPD spokeswoman said. Wood paid bail and was released on Monday.