OGDEN, Utah, March 14, 2017 (Gephardt Daily) — An Ogden man has died one week after being rescued from a dramatic house fire on Monroe Boulevard last Tuesday night.
The Ogden Fire Department was alerted at about 5:55 p.m. on March 7 that a fire had broken out at 2831 Monroe Blvd.
Bobby Joe Orris, 42, was trapped in his home after the explosion.
He escaped through a window and was rushed to a hospital as the home went up in flames.
Orris died early Tuesday morning, March 14, at University of Utah hospital in Salt Lake City.
Crews arrived to find the single-family residence fully engulfed. A column of black smoke could be seen from miles away.
Neighbors said they heard a large boom, and the explosion blew out parts of the roof and walls. One neighbor said the resident initially was trapped inside, then crawled out a window with his legs on fire.
The fire was out as of 7:15 p.m., except for scattered hot spots that were being identified and doused.
Rocky Mountain Power was also called to the scene because of downed power lines.
Officials have not yet said whether they believe the fire was set intentionally.