MIDVALE, Utah, Dec. 4, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — Hillcrest High School in Midvale has been evacuated Wednesday morning due to a gas leak.
A tweet from Canyons School District at 9 a.m. said the school, at 7350 S. 900 East, has been evacuated while the fire department responds to a gas leak at the site of the reconstruction of the building.
“Students remain safe at an off-site location or on heated school buses,” the tweet said. “Information has been sent to parents via Skylert.”
A follow up tweet soon after said: “The students are supervised and are safe. We ask parents not to come to campus while officials respond to the incident. We will keep parents updated as more information becomes available.”
Gephardt Daily will have more on this developing story as information is released.