Christmas Morning Fire Forces Ogden Family To Flee, Firefighters Able To Save Presents

Christmas Morning Fire Forces Ogden Family
Ogden City firefighters in the aftermath of a Christmas morning fire at 893 North Orchard Avenue. Damage to the home was estimated at $40,000. Photo: Gephardt Daily staff

OGDEN, Utah, Dec. 25, 2015 (Gephardt Daily) — The Ogden City Fire Department responded to a call on Christmas morning, and couldn’t save everything, but did save the gifts.

Firefighters were called to home at 983 N. Orchard Ave. around 9:45 a.m. When crews arrived they found heavy smoke pouring from the residence.

Three children and two adults had already escaped, although one of the adults had to be taken to an area hospital for treatment.

A man living in the house told news reporters the fire started when an e-cigarette blew up in his hand. The man said he ran to a sink to rinse chemicals off his face, then notice flames in the room he had left.

The Ogden Fire Department released a statement on social media, saying “Fire crews were able to remove all presents from the home to keep them from being damaged in the fire.”

Damage to the residence is estimated in the ballpark of $40,000.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here