Popular Viewmont H.S. Teen Dies of Apparent Overdose
FARMINGTON, UTAH – May 26, 2015 (Gephardt Daily) – A popular Viewmont High School student died and two others were hospitalized after an apparent drug overdose Friday evening.
According to Farmington Police Chief Wade Hansen, the 17 year-old student, identified through social media as Cade Galbraith, was found along with three other teenagers when police responded to a 911 call at a west Farmington area home.
One of the students reportedly told police they had taken LSD.
Hansen Galbraith was unconscious when rescuers arrived and died a short while later. Two other teens were treated and released from Davis North Hospital.
A Twitter posting by Viewmont’s hockey team revealed the deceased student’s identity.
“Many of you have heard by now of the tragedy that occurred this weekend. Cade Gailbraith, a Viewmont hockey player, accidentally overdosed and died. We are all distraught at the loss of Cade. He was a gentle soul and a great kid. The Viewmont team is rallying around his father and have asked his permission to dedicate all three Viewmont games this Tuesday to Cade.”
Davis County School spokesman Chris Williams said the district’s heart goes out to the families dealing with the tragedy. He said grief therapists will be at the school Tuesday.
Investigators say they will have to wait several weeks for the return of toxicology reports before the know the official cause of Galbraith’s death.
If it was LSD, it was most likely laced with something toxic. Genuine LSD would not cause an overdose like this.