See it Here: Utah twin saves sibling pinned by fallen dresser

OREM, Utah, Jan. 3, 2017 (Gephardt Daily) — A near tragedy caught on camera inside an Orem family’s home is being seen worldwide and serving as a pointed reminder of the dangers unsecured furniture can pose to children.

Ricky and Kayly Shoff say their 2-year-old twin boys, Bowdy and Brock, were playing in their room when they began climbing on their dresser.

What happened next had the makings of a disaster, and all of it was caught on a home video system. While the children were playing in the dresser’s open drawers the heavy piece of furniture suddenly lurched forward, pinning Brock beneath its crushing weight while knocking Bowdy to the floor.

What happened next was remarkable considering the children’s ages. As Brock struggled, Bowdy stepped in and quite possibly saved his brother’s life.

The parents didn’t realize what happened until they played back the video, which they’ve since posted to YouTube, where it has now been seen by millions.

The family debated sharing the video, but decided releasing it might save lives.

“I’ve been a little hesitant to post this,” Ricky Shoff wrote on Facebook. “But I feel it’s not only to bring awareness, but it is also incredible. We are so grateful for the bond that these twin brothers share. We know Bowdy was not alone in moving the dresser off of Brock. And feel blessed that he is OK. Please make sure all your dressers are bolted and secured to the wall. Please share.”

To see the video, please click on the player above.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here