Smoke alarms alert Bountiful resident to fire in home

File Image: Gephardt Daily

BOUNTIFUL, Utah, July 3, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — South Davis Metro Fire crews  responded to a house fire on 800 East near 350 South in the early hours of Wednesday morning.

They arrived to find an electrical fire that had sparked in a dishwasher.

SDMF Chief Jeff Bassette said the fire, which started at about 12:45 a.m., created a great deal of smoke “because dishwashers have a lot of plastic inside,” but apart from the smoke, the damage was minor and was confined to one room.

“The home has working smoke alarms, and they did their job,” Bassette told Gephardt Daily. He said crews got the fire knocked down quickly.

At 12:30 a.m. the fire was completely extinguished and crews were in the process of cleaning up. It had not been determined if the homeowner would be displaced overnight.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here