HOLLADAY, Utah, Oct. 24, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — Two men were arrested Thursday after police say they were caught burglarizing a boarded up store on Highland Drive.
Unified Police officials learned that boards sealing up the former Macys grocery store, near 4835 S. Highland Drive, had been removed.
UPD Sgt. Melody Gray told Gephardt Daily that responding officers found two men inside stripping the building of copper wire.
The men were taken into custody and booked into the Salt Lake County Jail.
David Dale Nelson, 53, faces charges of:
- Burglary, a third-degree felony
- Violation of parole or probation, a third-degree felony
- Criminal trespass, a class B misdemeanor
- Criminal mischief, a class B misdemeanor
Shane Edward Haley, 47, Haley faces charges of:
- Burglary, entering a building unlawfully, a third-degree felony
- Failure to stop at the command of law enforcement, a class A misdemeanor
- Criminal trespass, knowing entry unlawful
- Use or possession of drug paraphernalia, a class B misdemeanor