U of U student transported to hospital after exposure to hazardous chemical

Photo: Gephardt Daily

SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, Feb. 26, 2018 (Gephardt Daily) — A University of Utah student was transported to the hospital after her hands were exposed to triethylaluminum, a volatile chemical that ignites as soon as it meets with air.

The 28-year-old woman was taken to University of Utah Hospital by Salt Lake City Fire crews late Monday afternoon.

SLCFD tweeted that the student, who was not identified, had come into contact with the chemical during normal experiments.

She was reported to be in good condition.

The SLCFD tweet included the following information about triethylaluminum:

Image: SLCFD Twitter/Wikipedia

 

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here