COTTONWOOD HEIGHTS, Utah, Oct. 4, 2017 (Gephardt Daily) — Fire crews responded to the scene Wednesday afternoon after a backhoe operator at the Cottonwood Heights Public Works building accidentally broke a gas line and started a fire.
Police and fire officials responded to the scene, near 6580 S. 3000 East, at about 3 p.m.
Crews closed nearby roads, and were able to knock down the fire by about 4:15 p.m. The backhoe operator suffered minor injuries, according to police reports, and did not require medical care.
The gas company responded to the scene to make repairs to the damaged line.
— CH Police (@CHPolice) October 4, 2017