TIMBERLINE, Utah, Jan. 13, 2016 (Gephardt Daily) — An early morning fire spread quickly Wednesday through a Timberline home, leaving a family of three without a place to live.
Neighbors of Brenna Long and Jeff Hatch reported hearing a possible explosion at about 7:30 a.m., and said the sound was followed by the appearance of flames.
Fire officials have reported the couple and their son escaped the home in time. Hatch received minor injuries, and was treated at the scene.
The structure, estimated to be worth more than $1 million, was fully engulfed when firefighters arrived at the site, near 7800 N. Cedar Way. The house is said to be a total loss. A Summit County Twitter post at 10 a.m. indicated that the fire had been contained.
According to the Park City Fire Department, a portable propane heater may be responsible for the blast. The investigation is ongoing.
For those wishing to help the family, a GoFundMe has been set up by friends.