SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, May 30, 2023 (Gephardt Daily) — A woman who allegedly fled the scene of a traffic accident Monday is now facing additional charges after police say she shot in the direction of a person, failed to stop at the command of law enforcement, and spit in a police officer’s mouth.
Alleny Guadalupe Gonzalez Lira, 21, was charged on suspicion of:
- Aggravated assault, a third-degree felony
- Felony discharge of firearm, shoot in direction of a person, a third-degree felony
- Assault on peace officer in uniform, a class A misdemeanor
- Threat/use of a dangerous weapon in fight, a class A misdemeanor
- Failure to stop at command of law enforcement, a class A misdemeanor
- Carry a dangerous weapon under the influence of alcohol/drugs, a class B misdemeanor
- Failure to comply duties at vehicle accident with property damage, a class B misdemeanor
- Driving on a suspended or revoked license, a class C misdemeanor
- Failure to keep a proper lookout, an infraction
The suspect’s probable cause statement says the Salt Lake City Police Department were alerted to the A/P (arrested party) “driving erratically and brandishing a gun at a victim vehicle. A second victim called in, stating the A/P was involved in a traffic accident with their vehicle and fled the scene.”
Police responded to the crime scene to document evidence, and “both victims were able to provide a good description of the suspect vehicle, including the license plate, a good description of the A/P, and a good description of the firearm.”
Officers went to the residence of Lira, charging documents say.
“A foot pursuit ensued and the A/P was apprehended. The A/P spit in the mouth of an on-duty officer. A search warrant was written for the A/P’s blood, vehicle, and residence. A/P’s blood was collected.”
Post Miranda, “A/P confessed to brandishing the firearm during the first incident (quarrel). A/P further confessed to brandishing and firing a single round at the victim vehicle during the second incident.
“A/P provided the location of the firearm which was recovered by police. A/P had alcohol on her breath and informed that she had been drinking alcohol.”
Lira was booked into the Salt Lake County jail system, and ordered to be held without bail.