UPDATE: Paris terror attack suspect Salah Abdeslam was captured alive Friday, a Belgian counter-terrorism source informed CNN.
Belgium’s state broadcaster reported that the 26-year-old Abdeslam was injured in a shootout that ended with his capture. The Belgian counter-terrorism source said two people were wounded.
BRUSSELS, March 18 (UPI) — Police uncovered fingerprints belonging to Paris attack suspect Salah Abdeslam in a counter-terrorism raid earlier in the week in a Brussels apartment.
Authorities believe Abdeslam escaped Tuesday’s raid, which left another suspect dead and at least three officers injured.
“We can confirm that fingerprints of Salah Abdeslam were found in the apartment in [the Brussels district of] Forest,” said federal prosecutor spokesman Eric Van Der Sypt, according to BBC.
No other details regarding the raid have been released “in the interest of the investigation.”
The counter-terrorism raid comes as a result of an ongoing search for those involved in the deadly attacks in multiple Parisian locations in November, including the Bataclan concert hall. A total of 130 people died as a result of the attacks.
It is suspected Abdeslam used the raided apartment as a hiding place since the Nov. 13 attacks.