A clear and concise correction policy is fundamental to the day-to-day operation of every professional newsroom.
Gephardt Daily’s correction policy is modeled on guidelines set forth in the Society of Professional Journalists Code of Ethics.
- Any error, regardless of magnitude is to be corrected immediately upon discovery
- All promotional elements appearing on social media will be amended to reflect a story update and correction.
- Corrected articles will be republished with an ‘update’ notification in the story’s headline
- Revised articles will be accompanied with a top-line notification the story has been updated and corrected.
- An additional correction notice clarifying the exact nature of the revision appears below the updated article with an accompanying statement.