Oct. 17 (UPI) — Ron Howard announced the official title of the upcoming “Star Wars” standalone film about a young Han Solo on Tuesday as production on the project has wrapped.
“Hey #Twitterville we just wrapped production so here’s a special message #StarWars,” the filmmaker tweeted alongside a video of himself talking to fans before he unveiled the film’s official title.
“To the fans out there, I hope that you’ve enjoyed the pictures that I’ve been sharing,” Howard says in the clip in reference to the various on-set photos he has posted from the film over social media.
“Can we even say the name of the movie?” Howard then asks before he is handed a cue card from what appears to be “Star Wars” character Chewbacca.
The cue card when flipped over reads “Solo: A Star Wars Story,” a title similar to the one used in Disney and Lucasfilm’s previous spinoff film, “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story.”
“I’ll see you next year,” Howard says smiling in conclusion.
The font used for the title resembles the same font used previously throughout the series for entry’s such as “The Empire Strikes Back” and “Return of the Jedi.”
Howard took over directing duties on the film in June in place of filmmakers Phil Lord and Christopher Miller — who were booted off the project over “different creative visions.” Despite the change in directors, the film is still expected to be released on May 25, 2018.