South Ogden man injured saving pets from burning home

Photo Courtesy: South Ogden City

SOUTH OGDEN, Utah, Feb. 14, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — An Ogden man was taken to a local burn center with serious injuries after he attempted to save numerous pets from a residential fire in South Ogden Wednesday night.

South Ogden Fire Department officials said the blaze broke out at approximately 11 p.m. in the area of 4300 Jefferson Ave.

Heavy smoke and flames were coming from the front door when crews arrived, officials said.

The man and his wife made it out of the home safely, but the man then ran back inside to save their four dogs and one cat.

The four dogs were resuscitated and survived, but the cat died, officials said.

The man was transported to a local hospital for smoke inhalation, then transported to the University of Utah Healthcare Intermountain Burn Center. His injuries are thought to be serious but not life-threatening.

The wife was taken to a local hospital for smoke inhalation.

It is believed the fire originated in the kitchen, and was caused by an electrical issue. The damage is estimated at $80,000.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here