WASHINGTON, D.C., Aug. 30, 2016 (Gephardt Daily) — For savvy students who want to spend their education dollars wisely, several Utah universities offer a big return on investment.
Washington Monthly, a news website that usually focuses on government news, this week revealed the results of its college guide and rankings, and Utah is a leader in several categories.
Best Colleges for Adult Learners — 2 Year Colleges
• Weber State University, which offers a 2-year option and is based in Ogden, ranks No. 1 of 100 schools ranked.
It earned high scores in ease of transfer, flexibility of programs, services for adult students, tuition and fees ($5,182), and percent of students older than 25 (32 percent).
• Utah Valley University, which offers a 2-year option and is based in Orem, ranks No. 2 nearly matching WSU scores, with tuition and fees at $5,270 and students older than 25 standing at 34 percent.
Best Colleges for Adult Learners — 4 Year Colleges
• University of Utah, in Salt Lake City, took second place after San Francisco’s Golden State University. The U earned high scores in the aforementioned categories, and listed tuition at $7,835 and an adult learner population of 32 percent.
• Utah State University, Logan, placed 30 out of 100 in the same category, with a listed tuition of $6,384 and an older than 25 population of 25 percent.
• Brigham Young University, Provo came in 19th out of 303 schools rated.
• Utah State University ranked 26th in the same list.
• University of Utah came in 39th.
Best Bang for Your Buck — West
• Brigham Young University came in at No. 9, and BYU-Idaho came in 10th out of 198 schools ranked.
• Utah State University ranked No. 14 on the same list.
• University of Utah was No. 35.
• Southern Utah University, in Cedar City, came in at 53.
• University of Phoenix-Utah , Salt Lake City, was No. 120.
• Westminster College, Salt Lake City, rated No. 130.
• Western Governors University, Salt Lake City, was 176.
See see the full report, including ranking criterion and additional categories, click here.