MINNEAPOLIS, Minnesota, April 21, 2016 (Gephardt Daily) — Celebrity gossip site TMZ is reporting that Prince received emergency medical treatment for a nearly lethal drug overdose just six days ago.
According to TMZ, the treatment took place after the performer was stricken while aboard his private jet shortly after playing in Atlanta.
The plane made an emergency landing in Moline, Illinois, and Prince was rushed to a local hospital where the gossip site claims he was given a “save shot” designed to counteract the effects of an opiate overdose.
At the time, Prince’s publicists said the singer had been suffering from the flu. The iconic entertainer performed the next night and told fans the same thing, assuring them he was OK.
TMZ reports Prince left the Moline hospital when he was unable to get a private room.
On Thursday morning, the 57-year-old pop music legend was found dead inside an elevator at his Minneapolis area estate, known as Paisley Park.
The Carver County Sheriff’s Office said paramedics performed CPR on the musician, but were unable to revive him.
Prince’s body was taken to the medical examiner’s office, where an autopsy will be performed to determine a cause of death.