“The specific testing was done as a result of one residence in that area testing positive for coliform bacteria during our routine monthly testing process of our culinary water system,” says a city statement on Facebook at 5:33 p.m.
“To protect the public’s safety and pursuant to the requirements of the State Department of Drinking Water, the City must issue the boil order to all utility customers within the Battle Creek service area. The area subject to the boil order is shown on the this map.” The map on the website is interactive.
- Notified the State of Utah Department of Drinking Water and have been coordinating with them on our response and further testing
- Completed a Drinking Water Level 1 assessment of the system
- Chlorinated and flushed the water system in the affected area
- Performed additional testing
- Issued a Boil Order for businesses and homes located within the Battle Creek Service area
- Will perform additional testing in the area to determine when the system will be cleared for consumption
Pleasant Grove Public Works office line 801-785-2941 will be staffed for any questions as well until tonight at 8:00 p.m. and from 8 a.m. to 5p.m. Monday through Thursday and from 8 a.m. to noon on Friday. If you have an emergency, you can contact Jason Poulson at 801-234-9344.
Visit plgrove.org for FAQs and guidelines on boiling water. Boiling water will need to be sustained at least until Friday evening. We will notify you here once the boil order is lifted.