Washington County man ‘in spiritual battle with Satan’ charged with sexually abusing juvenile

Takoda Clark. Photo: Washington County

ST. GEORGE, Utah, Oct. 26, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — An 18-year-old Washington County man was arrested Thursday and charged with forcible sexual abuse, a second-degree felony, for allegedly assaulting a juvenile girl in September.

Takoda Joshua Clark was interviewed by St. George detectives on Tuesday, according to a probable cause statement filed in 5th District Court in Washington County by a St. George Police officer.

According to the charging document, a sex offense was reported to the St. George Police Department on Sept. 10. The juvenile said she was sexually assaulted by Clark.

She was interviewed at the St. George Children’s Justice Center a week later and disclosed that she and Clark were friends and were hanging out at her residence on Sept. 9, the statement says.

“At some point in the evening, Takoda informed the juvenile he was having a spiritual battle with Satan and four of his followers,” according to the statement. “Takoda told the juvenile he was losing the battle.”

The juvenile told the interviewing officer that Clark passed out and woke up multiple times during the incident, which she said went on for about six hours.

She said that Clark told her that her “friend was gone and was never coming back.” She said he spoke in a different voice when he told her this.

He then began assaulting the juvenile female, attempting to remove her shirt while she struggled to get away from him, the document states. She was finally able to get away by slipping out of her shirt and running into a bathroom, where she locked the door.

She said Clark came to the bathroom door a short time later and indicated he was himself again. He got her a shirt to cover herself and left when the girl told him to leave.

According to the statement, St. George detectives interviewed Clark on Thursday, Oct. 22, and he confirmed being at the victim’s home and telling her he was in a battle with Satan.

Clark told the detectives he blacked out and had no recollection of the incident until he woke up in the juvenile’s room. He said he located the female in a locked bathroom and admitted she was scared, the document states.

Clark was arrested and transported to Washington County Jail, where he was booked on a charge of forcible sexual abuse.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here