Chimney fire causes $30K in damage to Ogden home

Ogden Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire at 3226 S. Orchard Ave. on Friday night. Photo courtesy Ogden Fire Department

OGDEN, Utah, March 4, 2017 (Gephardt Daily) — Ogden Fire Department was dispatched to a structure fire at 3226 S. Orchard Ave. on Friday night.

According to information from the fire department, the call came in at about 11:13 p.m., and crews arrived to find an attic fire that had spread to the roof of the house.

The fire was extinguished fairly quickly. Officials estimate the damage at $30,000.

No one was injured in this fire. One person has been displaced, and the Red Cross was responding to assist the displaced resident.

Firefighters remained on scene to perform salvage and overhaul measures.

The cause of the blaze was determined to be a chimney fire that extended into the attic and to the roof.

STORIES OF INTEREST
Weather Service wants you to know: A blast of February is coming this week

LEAVE A REPLY