HEBER CITY, Utah, July 3, 2018 (Gephardt Daily) — A 19-year-old man and a juvenile were arrested Sunday in connection with vehicle burglaries and the theft of a firearm in the Heber City area.
Heber City police responded to a runaway juvenile call and found James William Mear, 19, of Heber City, with two runaway juvenile girls.
In a news release late Monday, police said, “Upon further investigation, it was learned that he and one of the juveniles were responsible for multiple vehicle burglaries in the Heber area.”
Officers found several stolen items, including a handgun that was taken in one of the burglaries.
Mear was booked into Wasatch County Jail and faces charges of:
- Theft of a firearm, a second-degree felony
- Five counts of vehicle burglary, a class A misdemeanor
- Obstruction of justice, a class A misdemeanor
- Harboring a runaway, a class A misdemeanor
- Contributing to the delinquency of a minor, a class B misdemeanor
One female juvenile also was arrested on related charges, the news release says.