ST. GEORGE, Utah, Nov. 5, 2016 (Gephardt Daily) — The St. George musical group The Piano Guys is asking fans for help this weekend in the ongoing search for pianist Jon’s Schmidt’s missing daughter, Annie.
The strategy is three-pronged:
• The search continues at the Columbia Gorge, in Portland, Ore., where 21-year-old Schmidt was last seen on Oct. 16, and where her car was found. A professional search and rescue group will use dogs and sonar in the search. A previous search by volunteers was called off late last month.
• Annie’s parents, Jon and Michelle Schmidt, are asking supporters to share their daughter’s missing person flier in a social media blitz.
• And the Schmidts, members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, are asking others who believe in the power of faith to fast and pray on Annie’s behalf this Sunday.
Read the full request, posed on The Piano Guys Facebook page and signed by Annie’s parents, below:
Dear friends, Our intense search for our sweet Annie continues with great hope. Every thought and each day is filled with the expectation of the miracle that we will find her! We are thankful for everyone that is concerned, praying and helping. In that spirit we offer this update on the search for Annie and an invitation for you to participate on Sunday November 6th.
1. The water and mountain areas adjacent to Annie’s car continue to be searched by county search and rescue (including sonar and dog search).
2. We have contacted private entities to supplement the county SAR efforts.
3. Damon Talbot with Destiny Search Project has been incredible in organizing ongoing search efforts on the “Find Annie Schmidt” public face book group.
They have organized a social media blitz for this weekend (see link at the very bottom). Please join the group at this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/findannie/
(HUGE THANKS TO DAMON AND EVERYONE AT DESTINY SEARCH PROJECT!!!!!!)
4. Ongoing investigation by the Portland Police Department.
5. [Day of prayer and fasting to find Annie].
To all who desire, we ask you to participate with us in a day of fasting and prayer this Sunday November 6th. The Schmidts will conclude our fast at 5:00 pm mountain time Sunday. We invite everyone, wherever you are, to unite with us by offering your own private prayer with us at that same time. We will be asking our Heavenly Father to lead us to find Annie and to give each and everyone of us a feeling of peace that she is in God’s care. We have faith that “the Father of mercies, and the God of all comfort” (2 Corinthians 1:3) will hear and answer our united prayer.
Please know of our love and appreciation for all of you! We feel your support, love and faith so strongly at this time!
Jon and Michelle Schmidt #FindAnnie