PROVO, Utah, June 30, 2017 (Gephardt Daily) — Provo Fire and Rescue personnel were at the scene of a chemical spill at Seven Peaks Provo Waterpark early Friday evening.
According to a Provo Fire Facebook post, the incident was reported as a chlorine spill.
Provo Fire Capt. Dean York told Gephardt Daily later Friday that the problem apparently was caused by a sensor malfunction that caused too much chlorine to be released into the water.
The park was evacuated Friday evening after 12 people, adults and children, experienced agitated breathing, but York said a child was the only person transported to a local hospital by ambulance. The others declined to be taken by ambulance and may have sought medical advice on their own.
York said Seven Peaks will be open again at 10 a.m. Saturday, but the Lazy River attraction will be closed while the malfunction is investigated.