SALT LAKE CITY, Utah, Dec. 7, 2021 (Gephardt Daily) — Salt Lake City police recovered multiple dangerous weapons following the arrest of a 26-year-old man now charged with driving under the influence.
“After receiving the description of the suspect’s vehicle, officers located it and attempted to stop the driver. The driver, 26-year-old Onkar Singh, refused to comply and continued driving away in a reckless manner. Officers did not pursue Singh and continued their investigation.
“Officers located the vehicle, still occupied by Singh, in a parking lot at 1200 South 900 West.”
Officers safely took Singh into custody after he initially refused to comply.
Singh faces initial charges of:
- Failure to respond at the command of police, a third-degree felony
- Failure to respond to officer’s signal to stop, a third-degree felony
- Possession of a dangerous weapon by a restricted person, a third-degree felony
- Eight counts of unlawful possession, purchase or transfer of a dangerous weapon, a class A misdemeanor
- Alter number on pistol/revolver, a class A misdemeanor
- Obstruction of justice, a class A misdemeanor
- DUI — alcohol, drugs or combo, a class B misdemeanor
- Refusal of chemical test, a class B misdemeanor
- Use or possession of drug paraphernalia, a class B misdemeanor
- Reckless driving, a class B misdemeanor
- Disorderly conduct, an infraction
Singh is being held without bail in the Salt Lake County Jail.