UPDATE: Repairman Who Suffered Severe Burns In Auto Shop Fire Has Died

Brian Ennis
A photo of the Ennis family, with Brian Ennis front and center. Ennis, who was severely burned in an auto repair accident , succumbed to his injuries Monday. Photo Courtesy: Brian Ennis GoFundMe

SOUTH SALT LAKE, UTAH – November 11, 2015 (Gephardt Daily) – An auto repairman who was severely burned last week while repairing a vehicle passed away from his injuries on Monday.

According to Deputy South Salt Lake Fire Chief Terry Addison, Brian Ennis, of Salt Lake City, and a friend were replacing a fuel pump on a car inside an auto shop at 166 Hermansen Circle when a fuel spill ignited a nearby space heater.

Addison said Ennis was taken to the hospital in extremely critical condition with third degree burns over most of his body.

According to a GoFundMe account, Ennis passed away this past Monday. “Brian fought hard through many surgeries, but on November 9 he lost his battle for his life,” said Michael Winmill, a family friend, in a statement on the page. “Brian spent much of his life helping others, never asking for anything in return. To know Brian was to love him.”




Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here