All smoke, no fire draws crews to Ogden storage facility

Fire crews from Ogden City and Riverdale responded to smoke at a storage facility on Saturday, Aug. 14, 2021. Photo: Gephardt Daily/Laura Withers

OGDEN, Utah, Aug. 14, 2021 (Gephardt Daily) — It was all smoke but no fire when fire crews responded to the scene of a storage facility on Saturday afternoon.

Crews from the Ogden City and Riverdale fire departments responded to 130 28th St. in Ogden, the site of the Western Gateway Storage Company.

Business employees at the scene told Gephardt Daily a motor had burned out and caused smoke inside the building, but they said there were no flames and no injuries associated with the incident.

Battalion Chief Corey Barton confirmed no one was hurt, but said there was a small ammonia leak in the building, and no one was being allowed inside while crews were waiting for more resources to arrive.

Barton said it was possible the ammonia leak was caused by the burned out motor.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here