Morgan High burst pipe prompts alarm, cleanup

Morgan County Sheriff patrol car. Photo: Morgan County Sheriff Facebook page

MORGAN, Utah, Oct. 11, 2019 (Gephardt Daily) — A Morgan High School fire alarm sparked a panic-preemptive social media post by the Morgan County Sheriff’s Office.

“HIGH SCHOOL FIRE ALARM: A heat pipe burst in one of the old bathrooms and the steam set off the alarm,” says the MCSO post, issued on Facebook at 8:29 a.m. Friday.

“The bathroom is obviously a mess but no students were harmed,” the post says. “Students were evacuated and returned back to class in a timely manner. There is no damage to any classrooms, just some gross water that is being cleaned up in the bathroom and hallway.”

So, just to be clear, there is no reason for concern.

“Just trying to stop any rumors early,” the Sheriff’s Office post says. “Everyone is safe!”


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here